Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The First Post -- Trying Something New

Every time we try something new there is some trepidation. Will I be able to do this? Why did I decide to try this? What was I thinking??

Today's thought of the day: If you don't try,  you will never know. 

What I do know is that if you don't try --- you will always wonder in the back of your head ... What if?  What if I had tried?  Would I have been able to do it? Where would I be now? What ifs are very negative forces that can easily prevent one from appreciating exactly where you are now -- in the present. So I say try... Yes you can or no you couldn't -- it doesn't really matter ... as either way, you will be stronger in the knowledge that you took a positive action in trying rather than letting self doubt, insecurity, or misperceptions stand in your way. 

So here goes nothing or more accurately, everything.

I am trying my hand at blogging. Why? I would like to leave a e -paper trail(if u will)  for my eight children... like a modern diary of my thoughts, impressions, and views of life. Not because I am all knowing -- lord knows, LOL,  I am far from it. But because I want them to be able to see things as I did at a certain point in time... a frame of reference (perhaps a rose colored looking glass) -- a way to navigate the world around them.

And for today, I emulate that to try is to succeed -- in my blog universe, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. well I think this is a dandy idea, kind of like leaving little love letters for your children. I say "shot for the moon and beyond"

    ReplyDelete